Opening Statement
I have a dream. To write a book. To create something that contributes in some way to our society. So, I look around to see what is ... what is in the world in which I live in. Where do I see a niche, a place where I can add my voice, a place where I can make my unique contribution.
And I think I have found such a place.
In the sub-culture of the singles of North America. People who are currently not married. Regardless of the reason, right now they do not have that wedding band on their finger. Regardless of what they feel about that, they do not have their name on a current active marriage contract. (Yes, this eliminates those who are seperated, but still legally married; however, once the divorce is legal, then they are included in this!)
So, I have decided as the first step, to start examining topics, posting links, seeing if I can find a way to check out theories ... dream of what this book might look like, what might be in it, and ultimately see if there is a way that I can seek others input along the way. Other single stories, other single questions, other single joys and frustrations. For, after all, if this is going to eventually become a book, it needs to meet others than just me in a place that they can connect with. It needs to resonate with more than this single person. And, if I will narrow that sub-culture target, it will be at a later time. Right now - I keep this open to address the group:
for those who are not married at this time ... a Table for One, please.
Join me for a conversation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home